“The only source of knowledge is experience.”
Welcome to the Middle Years at BIS! In this supportive environment, students develop academically as well as find their passions through a wide range of extracurricular and service activities. Our class sizes average 16 students per grade level, so students and teachers know everyone and there is a strong sense of community.
Bandung Independent School is a candidate school* for the MYP and is an IB World School authorized to offer the PYP and DP. IB World Schools share a common philosophy- a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education- that we believe is important for our students.
We are excited to be a candidate school offering the IB Middle Years Programme this academic year. The MYP has been designed as a coherent and comprehensive curriculum framework that provides academic challenge and develops the life skills of students from the ages of 11 to 16. These years are a critical period in the development of young people. Success in school is closely related to personal, social, and emotional well-being. At a time when students are establishing their identity and building their self-esteem, the MYP can motivate students and help them to achieve success in school and in life beyond the classroom. The programme allows students to build on their personal strengths and embrace challenges in subjects in which they might not excel. The MYP offers students opportunities to develop their potential, to explore their own learning preferences, to take appropriate risks, and to reflect on, and develop, a strong sense of personal identity. (Source: IBO. “MYP: From Principles to Practice” May 2014)
- Indonesian/ English Language and Literature
- Indonesian/ French/ Chinese Language Acquisition
- Individuals and Societies: Integrated Humanities
- Science: Integrated Science
- Arts: Visual Arts/ Music/Digital Art
- Physical & Health Education
- Design: Digital Technologies/ Fashion/ Robotics
In Grades 9 & 10 students can choose elective subjects from the Art and Design subject groups.
* Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme (DP), or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted.